|This tutorial was written by Sheri on
October 14, 2006. This tutorial is of my own creativity. Any similarity to other tutorials
The artwork I am using is © Vicki Yeager, and the
photography is © LuAnn Weiss. In order to use the images in this
tutorial you MUST purchase them from CILM.
1. Open up a new image 500X500, flood fill with
white. Open up photo of choice and copy/paste it as a new layer on your new image. Resize
photo layer by 75%. Apply guassian blur of 4.0.
2. Apply dsb flux - linear transmission with the
3. Apply Penta.com Color Dot with the following
settings, then lower opacity of layer to 70.
4. On a new layer, using the preset shape I've
included (foreground/stroke set to black, line width 2 and background/fill set to pattern
of photo image), draw out a set of rectangles the same size as the photo layer we were
just working on. Convert to raster.
5. Select and defloat the shape
(Selections>Float>Defloat), and contract by 2
(Selections>Modify>Contract>2). Apply the following Xero Porcelain settings:
6. Apply the Penta.com Color Dot settings as in
step 3. Deselect and add a drop shadow with the following settings:
7. Turn off white layer and merge visible remaining
8. Add tube on new layer and position where you
want it. Add the same drop shadow as in step 6.
9. At this time, if needed, use your deform tool
stretch the background layer up to better fit with your tube.
10. Add copyright and text. For my text, I used the
photo as the fill and black for the stroke set to line width 2. Add same drop shadow to
11. Crop/resize as needed. Save as a jpg.
Thank you for trying my tutorial :)