|This tutorial was written by Sheri on
October 13, 2008. This tutorial is of my own creativity. Any similarity to other tutorials
- Paint Shop Pro (written in version 12)
- tube and font of choice
- Scrapkit of choice, I'm using PTU "A Pirate's
Life" Scrapkit by Yarrow from Digital
Chaos ** Thanks so much Yarrow!!
- Vix_Mask44 (scroll down to bottom, it's in her Mask 26-50 Set)
The artwork I am using is © Scott Blair. In order to use the tube in this tutorial you must purchase it from MPT.
1. Open up a new 700x700 transparent image, flood
fill with white. Don't worry about it being too big, we'll resize it at the end.
2. Create a new raster layer, flood fill with
paper11. Apply Vix_Mask44. Merge Group.
3. Create a new raster layer, flood fill with
paper10. Apply Vix_Mask44. Merge Group. Rotate this layer 45° to the right. Your image should look like this:
4. Copy and paste frame06. Using your move tool,
move the frame over to the left so that it sits centered to the mask layers. Your image
should look like this:
5. Copy and paste one of the papers as a new layer
(I used Paper02). Move it under the frame layer. Resize the paper layer by 65% and nudge
it up so the compass part of the paper sits centered in the frame. Using your selection
tool set to circle, draw a circle larger than the inside of the frame. Making sure you are
still on the paper layer, invert your selection and delete the paper that hangs outside of
the frame. Your image should look like this:
6. Place your tube where you want it. Duplicate it
and drag the duplicate copy underneath the frame. Link the tube layers together as shown
below. This will keep the tubes together so in case you move one, they will both move.
(for verion 9 users, you can view an example on how to do this here).
7. Turn off the top tube layer. On the copy of tube
layer, apply a drop shadow - making sure that you click the **shadow on new layer** option
(I used Horizontal & Vertical : 0, Opacity : 75, Blur : 10, Color : Black). Using your
eraser tool, erase the bottom part of the tube that is outside the frame (be careful not
to erase any of the tube inside the frame). Repeat on the shadow layer.
8. Turn the top tube layer back on. Zoom in so you
can get a close look at the bottom of the tube by where her hand is. Using the freehand
selection tool, start at her hand (on her leg) and working towards your left, carefully
draw around the fingers (you want them to look as if they are outside the frame once the
bottom portion of the tube is removed). Be sure to select a good portion of the other leg
because we want it to look as if it's behind the frame swirly. Once you are happy with the
selection, click delete to remove the portion of the tube you selected. (See my examples
9. Add the Pirate Babe label (I used label01). Move
it below the top tube layer and below her hand. Add the same drop shadow from step 7.
10. Go back to your frame layer and apply the
same drop shadow.
11. Turn off the white background layer and using
your crop tool, pick the snap crop rectangle to: merge opaque then click on the checkmark.
12. Turn white background layer back on. Merge
layers, resize as needed, and apply the unsharpen mask (radius:1, strength:50, clipping:1)
to sharpen the tag up a bit. Add the appropriate artist's copyright info and your text.
Save your tag and your done!
Thank you for trying my tutorial!